Why Your Cafe May Be Slower After Christmas
- People may be broke from all the holiday shopping
- People are on vacation and not in their routine or out of town
- People gave each other gift cards to cafes and so they are being used, or gifted coffee and coffee brewers
- People are on diets and though you may have the same visitors, they may not be spending as much money
- People are ‘Cutting back on coffee’ specifically (this is why you need great tea options, you don’t want them to change their routine)
I was fortunate to have 7 years of experience working with coffee before opening my own shop or I would have been terrified about my sales numbers between Christmas and Valentine’s Day. Its just a slower time for coffee sales in suburban areas (like where I was). No way around it.
Take my advice and don’t do anything drastic. If you have the opportunity you should plan your vacation time around this slower period.
As they say, being anxious is just allowing your creativity to work in reverse.
Instead of fretting, take this slower time to immerse yourself in the community around you. Here’s a blog post I wrote with 7 reasons to visit your local competition: (Boyrista.com/Competition).